Square Cartridge Heaters for Heating Plates & Hot Surfaces
Square Cartridge Heaters are perfectly suited for very thin plates. With a soft, malleable condition in stainless steel or nickel sheath they can be pressed into common milled grooves. In standard construction the max. temperature capability is 750°C. All sizes also available with integrated thermocouple and power distribution.
Our long-term partner DELTA-t-Hochleistungsheizelemente (high-performance heating elements) successfully uses these heaters in a variety of applications.
|⍁||4,5 x 4,5 ± 0,1||6 x 6 ± 0,1||8 x 8 ± 0,1||10 x 10 ± 0,15||6 x 12 ± 0,15|
|Ø||4,5 ± 0,1||6 ± 0,1||8 ± 0,1||10 ± 0,15||10 ± 0,15|
|L max||up to 3 m|
|P max||limited by max. surface load of 16 W/cm2 and max. current of 16 A|
|R min||12 mm||15 mm||20 mm||25 mm||30 mm|
Heating Plates & Hot Surfaces with Square Cartridge Heaters
Example "Stamp": D=100 mm out of tempered tool steel up to max. 700°C continuous temperature. Fitted with 2 Square Cartridge Heaters 1500 W/ 230 V, 4,5 x 4,5 mm x 600 mm, with 50 mm unheated at the termination end. Annealed and formable with a nickel sheath, resistant up to 850°C surface temperature. Connection by fibreglass insulated pure nickel high-temperature leads (max. 500°C) with ground conductor and stainless steel braided metal sleeve.
(Image source: with kind permission of the author Delta-t Heizelemente)
Advantages of Heating Plates with Square Cartridge Heaters
- Simple plate manufacture due to rectangular groove geometry, no deep-hole boring
- Simple heater installation by bending and pressing along the plate surface
- Complex plate geometries with bores and openings
- Optimal heat transfer due to 75% surface contact
- No casting with heat conductive compound
- Uniform temperature profiles due to thermally optimized groove layouts/power distribution and utilization of insulation plates
- high process temperatures (up to 450°C in aluminium, up to 700°C in stainless steel)
Chapter Cartridge Heaters
High power, little space: Contact heating of tools and machine parts. We make cartridge heaters from diameter 4 up to 31.8 mm in an unlimited number of styles.
Inquiry Form Cartridge Heaters
Just download, print, fill in and fax it to us. You will receive our quotation shortly. Alternatively, you can use our online inquiry form for Cartrdige Heaters here.
Flyer Square Cartridge Heaters for Heating Plates & Hot Surfaces
For high power density at low mass.
Download our complete product catalogue here.
Really hot! Our Product Flyer.
Download our leaflet here.